I can't wait to cast on and actually knit with this yarn, but for now I just carry the skein with me everywhere I go... yes, it's in my purse... because I just love admiring the pretty colors! When I finally do cast on, I think I'll make a shawl with the yarn... perhaps the textured shawl.
I was impressed with my ability spin thin yarn. The 4 ounces of fiber yielded 480 yards of 2 ply fingering-weight yarn.
I also have another spinning project in progress. I have one pound of BFL that I am spinning up for a sweater. So far I have 2 skeins. One skein is a dk weight and the other is a fingering weight. These two skeins used to be one skein, but I spilt it into two when I realized that I started spinning thicker yarn and got thinner as I progressed. Beginners error! I'm hoping the rest can be spun up at the fingering weight.

3 comments:
Gorgeous yarn!! you must be a natural.
- Julie
That's lovely (and I love that you're carrying the skein around in your purse)!
So pretty! And it's OK to carry yarn around in your purse as long as you don't walk up to strangers and say "Do you want to pet my yarn?"
Post a Comment