First up, a quick knit from leftover sock yarn from my Spirit Trail Fiberworks Charade socks. This is the tiny shoe pattern by Ysolda Teague. As with most of her designs, this one is very clever, with minimal seaming/finishing involved.
I'm also getting in my spinning practice. A friend bought me a surprise gift of Sheep Shop Yarn Company merino roving in "Royalty." So far, I've spun up 1 of the four ounces. I am still a pretty slow spinner, but my product is getting more consistent as I go. Here's a picture of the roving, pre-drafted roving, and spun single ply. I have no clue how this is going to knit up. I'm thinking this will make a lovely winter shawl or scarf.

3 comments:
Those booties are adorable!! I love the wooden buttons, they really compliment the yarn choice. And oh my, is that roving is stunning! Looks like your spinning is going great.
- Julie
what fantastic colour from the roving. I'm blue and brown with envy!
love(1)!! can't wait to see this knitted up!
Post a Comment