Saturday, June 27, 2009

Cocoa Cup and Enablers Meet-Up

I finished my cocoa cup! This is a pattern by Heidi Kirrmaier called Buttercup. I made the small, but probably should have gone with the extra-small because of the plunging neckline. In fact, the only mods I made were on the neckline. The neckline was way too low for me so I ended up redoing it 3 times until I found a relatively comfortable fit without scrunching the top too much. Instead of picking up the neckline per the instructions, I picked up every other stitch along the neck, every stitch along the sleeve, and 3 of every 4 stitches across the back.

The tee took me 5.5 skeins (841.5 yards) of Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy. It's interesting knitting this yarn up at 22 stitches per 4 inches instead of 24 stitches per 4 inches (as in the Arbor I made last year). The fabric has a lot of drape!









Here's me with a couple of my fellow "enablers," all in our buttercups...



But even better than 3 buttercups are 12 enablers! Check out the picture from our Enablers Anonymous Meet-Up! Our host Kate made some delicious treats for brunch. We managed to take a break from some serious knitting, chatting, and eating to take this picture outside. Even though it was in the 80s, we were adorned with FOs -- lots of shawls and summer tops!


3 comments:

Team Knit said...

gorgeous! i love the colour. and what a great picture to see three of you all in your buttercups!!

- Julie

magnusmog said...

so many buttercups! I've just finished one of Heidi's bag patterns.

Sarah said...

Looks great! I think the neckline worked out really well, well worth all that frogging and re-knitting. You all must have fun showing-and-telling last weekend, sorry I missed you!