In addition all the fun puppy play in Garrett County, our friends treated us with a trip to BlueBell Farm Alpacas.
Our first stop on the farm was to visit the female alpacas. Here are some pictures from the ladies' side of the farm.
One-week old baby.

Sun bathing!

Curious creatures!

Here is the latest addition to the farm: a brand new baby alpaca. Only three-days old! Alpaca babies are called crias. Jo, who owns and runs the farm, picked up baby so we could take a closer look.

I got to hold the baby. She was too adorable and soft to describe.

My visit with baby was short lived though. Mama was nervously pacing and humming at me as I held her little one. After a few minutes of holding baby, I put her down and she and mom ran off to the corner to nurse.

The next stop was the farm shop. I was, of course, in fiber heaven! Even though I was overwhelmed in trying to select my fiber souvenir, I still managed to goof for a few minutes too.

Spinning wheel in the shop. I forgot to ask what kind this is.

Reason 4,387 I love my husband. He spent a couple hours watching me play with the alpacas and then still has a good sense of humor about being dressed up in silly alpaca hats.

I finally decide to purchase some roving from "Smokey" and some yarn from "Cappuccino." Yup, that's right, most of the fiber in the store tells you exactly which animal it came from!
The last stop on our trip was to visit the male alpacas. I took picture (not great ones, since we were in a barn) of the two boys whose fiber I purchased.
Smokey
Our first stop on the farm was to visit the female alpacas. Here are some pictures from the ladies' side of the farm.
One-week old baby.
Sun bathing!
Curious creatures!
Here is the latest addition to the farm: a brand new baby alpaca. Only three-days old! Alpaca babies are called crias. Jo, who owns and runs the farm, picked up baby so we could take a closer look.
I got to hold the baby. She was too adorable and soft to describe.
My visit with baby was short lived though. Mama was nervously pacing and humming at me as I held her little one. After a few minutes of holding baby, I put her down and she and mom ran off to the corner to nurse.
The next stop was the farm shop. I was, of course, in fiber heaven! Even though I was overwhelmed in trying to select my fiber souvenir, I still managed to goof for a few minutes too.
Spinning wheel in the shop. I forgot to ask what kind this is.
Reason 4,387 I love my husband. He spent a couple hours watching me play with the alpacas and then still has a good sense of humor about being dressed up in silly alpaca hats.
I finally decide to purchase some roving from "Smokey" and some yarn from "Cappuccino." Yup, that's right, most of the fiber in the store tells you exactly which animal it came from!
The last stop on our trip was to visit the male alpacas. I took picture (not great ones, since we were in a barn) of the two boys whose fiber I purchased.
Smokey

1 comment:
awww!! that baby is adorable. And how cool is it to actually meet the alpacas who produced the yarn you bought?!
- Julie
Post a Comment