Sunday, May 17, 2009

I met Ysolda!

Two weeks ago I went to a business conference in Charlottesville, VA. I didn't expect to report anything exciting, but I was pleasantly surprised.

On Wednesday of the trip, I stopped by The Needle Lady, a LYS less than 2 blocks from the conference location. Mimi, the owner, was very friendly and has a fantastically stocked store! I told her I was in town for a conference, and she invited me to join the store's knitting meet-up the following evening. They were hosting a special guest: Ysolda Teague, designer extraordinaire!

Knitting with Ysolda was lots of fun, as was dinner afterwards. She is a treasure trove of knowledge on knitting and design. I hope I can retain some of her pearls of wisdom!



Check out the "Enable Me" button! It was given to her by one of my fellow Enablers and Ysolda still had it in her knitting bag.

Read more about Ysolda's visit to Charlottesville on The Needle Lady's blog, Ysolda's blog, and Vilde's blog.

1 comment:

magnusmog said...

What wonderful serindipity :)

Ysolda usually lives in Scotland and I've never met her!