Saturday, May 9, 2009

A surprise Sheep and Wool purchase

What did I buy at Sheep and Wool? Yarn, yes -- lots of goodies: Tilli Thomas (10 skeins of superwash merino for $20!) and Tess (a sweater's quantity of superwash merino, black superwash lace weight for a sweater, and green superwash laceweight for a shawl) got most of my business... that was before lunch.

But before I about the purchases, check out the pre-gaming Sheep and Wool celebrations. The first annual Enabler's Tailgate!

A little bubbly to kick things off!



Some of the ladies enjoying a cold beverage.



Elijah was a big fan of the coffee cake and his mimosa...



By far the best (only?) S&W tailgate!


A few stars from the festival.



Check out the teeth on this guy! He was very social and let me pet him while he was munching.



So, what was the big purchase? After lunch, I decided to take the plunge and buy a spinning wheel! Here's the picture of the Ashford Traveller that I tried. I have her twin in my living room now! More on how spinning is going (hint: not well yet! ;) ) soon...


2 comments:

magnusmog said...

Wow - great wheel. Spinning always feels like a disaster and then.....it just clicks and you'll be spinning away like a pro!

pia said...

pretty! One year, I'll be coming home with one...