Saturday, May 30, 2009

Alco-tourism in San Francisco

Actually, we went to San Francisco (probably one of my fave cities ever!) for a wedding. But why not turn it into a little mini-break for us, right? My only regret is not bringing more knits. It was cold! I could have used some more wool!


I really love San Francisco.




A pair of hand-knit socks came in handy on a particularly windy day.








Here's a mini-sampler at Beach Chalet (stout, red, wheat).







We found the Rogue Brewery in town. Surprisingly, the walk to the brewery seemed much longer than the walk home. :)







Our favorite brewery was the Magnolia Pub on Haight, which featured some awesome cask conditioned brews.



Knitting a few rows of my jaywalkers in between sips of my Blue Bell Bitter. (Sadly, since arriving home, these socks have ended up in the frog pond because they fit terribly. I'll use this yarn for another pair of socks.)





Of course, there was yarn to be purchased! Here's a new little buddy I met at Imagiknit. What a fantastic store.




And here's the purchase from Imagiknit. One skein of Malabrigo merinocash for me and one for a friend. Lettuce and Smoke.








And a little souvenir from Bluebird Yarn in Sausalito. Paca-Peds HT from the Alpaca Yarn Co. It's superwash Alpaca Hand-Dyed Sock Yarn with 360 yards of the colorway and 90 yards of a coordinate solid heel/toe color.





And on a food related note... two exciting finds! First, I tried some fresh-caught bay abalone. So cool! (Yes, that's my swallowtail shawl keeping me warm!)








And, a kumquat tree in our cousin's backyard in Sacramento. These beauties came home with me.



3 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks like fun! I'm going to SF in October for a wedding, so I'll have to get locations on those yarn stores from you (my sister lives in SF, but is not a knitter). Those little beer mugs are too cute!

Shelby said...

Looks like you had a great time!! I love San Fran. I really need to go back when I'm NOT pregnant though!

Love the little beer mugs!

Anonymous said...

Imagiknit is one of my favorite yarn stores of all time! Did you go to any other yarn stores in San Fran? I'm aching for a visit after your post.