Here are some pictures of the fiber goodies.
The only thing missing at Stitches are the animals, alpacas, sheep, etc. The MD Sheep and Wool festival has plenty of animals, which adds to the atmosphere. I did manage to find a sheep puppet at the Malabrigo tent. I think I look a little crazed... I call this look "fiber overload."
"Suecrafty" was tempted by the fun fur, but we managed to talk her down from the ledge. Her little one, sleeping peaceful for almost the entire time and adorned in his knitted goodies, stole the show. The knitting ladies were cooing over him everywhere we turned!
So, what did I buy?? Here are the latest additions to my stash!
Valley Yarns Huntington (This one is for a stranded mitt KAL scheduled for the new year. WEBS had a great mitt knit up in this stuff! And, I figured I’d try a less expensive yarn for my first stranded project… I’m thinking I’m not going to be a very good “strander”.)
All that shopping and beautifully arranged yarn inspired me to organized my stash. I decided to put in an empty under the bed storage container. This is much better than the large plastic tub I used to have my stash in because now the skeins/balls are only 1 or 2 layers deep. Before I would have to dig for what I was looking for, creating a mess in the mean time. Not everything fit in the under the bed storage contain, so some of my worsted weight leftover ended up in a shoe box.

No comments:
Post a Comment