Pattern: 103-1 Jacket in Eskimo
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Donegal Chunky Tweed
Yardage: 6.75 skeins = 735.8yards
Needles: Size 11
After the hours of CPH seaming, I wasn't looking forward to the seaming this jacket. But, like knitting with bulky yarn, seaming with bulky yarn is pretty quick, relatively speaking. Since my row gauge is rarely the same as row gauge in the pattern, I appreciated the fact that the decreases (i.e., shaping) for this jacket were spaced by inches/centimeters rather than in rows. The instructions for the collar (stitch increases) were a little confusing in my opinion, but looking at close ups of FOs on Ravelry in conjunction with the pattern, I was able to figure out what to do.



Pattern: Reversible baby hat by Debbie Bliss (from the Essential Baby book)
Yarn: Kollage Yarns Hope
Yardage: .75 skeins = 120 yards
Needles: Size 2
This is leftover yarn from my Aleita Shell and I thought it would be perfect for a small baby knit. I liked the simplicity of the reversible baby hat pattern. I only made one of the two hats (the 3 x 1 rib, not the 1 x 1 rib). I also modified the pattern slightly to work in the round rather than back and forth and seaming. Who wants to seam a hat??


Pattern: basic garter stitch
Yarn: Shoalwater Bay Natural Dyed
Yardage: .75 skeins = 258.8 yards
Needles: Size 7
This was the souvenir yarn from Seattle (Bainbridge Island's Churchmouse Yarns and Teas shop). The woman that dyes the yarn is located in Washington state and only distributes in that area. I had a hard time taking pictures do the yarn texture or color any justice. Perhaps I will try again. This yarn is not warm, but will be a great early fall accessory.

1 comment:
The sweater jacket is gorgeous! I love the shape and the styling of the three buttons.
Post a Comment