Thursday, August 28, 2008

FO: Aleita Shell

Aleita is done! I feel like this should have been a fast project, but it took over 2 months. I think that's because I made many projects in between (mom's mitts, 2 baby sweaters, a baby dress, Arbor, and the Hexicomb cardi). Wow, that's a lot of knitting this summer! I'm really happy that I ave put the Spring 08 issue of Interweave to such good use. This is my third project from that issue!

Project specs:

Pattern: Aleita Shell, Interweave Knits, Spring 2008
Yarn: Kollage Hope, organic cotton
Yardage: 3.25 skeins = 520.0 yards
Needles: Size 3

Mods: My row gauge was very different from what the pattern called for, plus I wanted to add some length to this top, so I did MANY more round of st st than recommended. I also had to adjust the waist shaping accordingly.








(After washing the yarn and laying it flat to dry, per the care instructions, I ended up with a weird line of discoloration along both sides of the shell. You can see the line in this side-view picture. I hope this issue can be resolved with another wash.)


1 comment:

Kathleen Dames said...

That looks so great on you!