This was a great pattern, but requires a little advance skills in pattern interpretation (i.e., the pattern is not spelled out row by row).
I'm anticipating that the dress will grow with the baby. I have seen this used as a dress for infants and a tank/tunic for toddlers. Let's hope it actually works out that way!
This is my second hemapthy project and I couldn't be more pleased. It's nice to work with, washes well, and (for my other Arbor top at least) wears well too! It retains its shape much better than 100% cotton. This may become my go-to cotton substitute. I have to investigate what other colors are available.
Pattern: Ellin mekko
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy
Yardage: 1.9 skeins = 290.7 yards
Needles: Size 4
Modifications (ahem, "on purpose", of course):
- Did all decreases after 7 cm rather than some decreases at 7 cm and the rest at 12 cm.
- When shaping the shoulder staps, did not decrease along the neckline. Thicker straps = more stability, I thought. But now I'm a little worried about this fitting around a toddler's neck. Finger's crossed!
A picture inside. The pink color doesn't show up well here.
A picture outside. A little better.

A close up showing stitch definition.


No comments:
Post a Comment