Friday, August 15, 2008

Ravelymics weekend away from home

Am I the only one that cleans the house vigorously before going away for the weekend? Anyone else? Anyone?? Yeah, okay, it's a nutty little habit, but it's nice to come home to a relatively clean, if not kitty fur free, home. Somehow the kitty dust bunnies multiply when the babies are left alone.

In addition to the usual cleaning frenzy, I inventoried the perishable food items. I had to do something with all those tomatoes from this week's harvest. I decide to make some tomato sauce. It smelled, so I just had to taste some before I put it in the freezer. I seasoned the tomato sauce seasoned with (everything was eyeballed):
- olive oil
- red onion
- garlic
- sea salt
- pepper
- fresh basil from my garden
- fresh oregano from my garden
- a pinch of cinnamon (this idea came from Barbara Kingsolver's tomato sauce recipe)




We're travel out of town this weekend for a wedding. I made a card for the bride and groom. I pretty happy with my creativity here: the beautifully gold scrolly paper actually came out of a catalog and I layered some light pink paper behind the scrolly paper stamped "Congratulations" in dark pink on the paper to fit the occasion.



Of course, I haven't packed one article of clothing, but my knitting bag is ready to go. Ten hours in the car means I need lots of knitting options, especially my Ravelympics project:
- the latest Interweave
- tape measure
- notions bag
- leather folder with patterns
- 3 projects:
1. Ellin mekko (this is my Ravelympics project! The 8/24 deadline is looming....)
2. airy shawl
3. Aleita shell

1 comment:

magnusmog said...

the card is gorgeous - I like the recycled element :)