First stop: a little cafe in Towanda, PA. And wouldn't you know it, they had some local beer, so of course, in the spirit of Beervana, we had to try it!
Saturday afternoon, we attended a beautiful wedding. The setting was the bride's grandparents' farm. How lovely!
Sunset... looking out from the reception.
After the wedding, we managed to catch Michael Phelps win his 8th gold medal. So exciting! That night we stayed in the appropriately name Victorian Charm Inn.
Driving back from PA on Sunday, we stopped by the Basignani vineyard for a tasting. We picked up a bottle of the Cabernet Sauvignon, my favorite wine during the tasting. The warm blackberry flavor in this wine will be great to pop open on a crisp fall evening.
Lots of hours in the car means lots of knitting. Here I am working on Ellin mekko and listening to G. Love's newest CD. We saw him play with at Pier Six on Sunday night. The John Butler Trio and Eric Hutchinson opened for G. and put on a fantastic show.

We arrived in Baltimore a few hours before the concert and checked into the Inn at 2920... and look what treats they give you in your room!
I also worked on Alieta this weekend! I'm happy to report that she fits... admittedly, she's a little snug, but I expect the cotton will stretch when I wash her. I'm hoping to finish her this weekend so I can get a few wears in before the end of the summer.

Wouldn't you know it... we passed a yarn store on the way from the Inn at 2920 to the G. Love show. Such an impulse buy, but I needed a souvenir from the trip, right?

On Monday, we drove out of the city to Loch Raven Reservoir and leisurely paddled a canoe around, checking out the wildlife and dipping our toes in the water.
Heading back to the city from our canoe outing , we saw a sign for Gunpowder Bison and Trading. We stopped by, but the store was closed. We did get a few pictures of the Bison though. No factory farmed animals here!
The weekend ended with an Orioles/Red Sox game at Camden Yards on Monday evening We had some great seats (i.e., I didn't have to climb to the upper decks and face my fear of heights!).

1 comment:
I actually know someone from Towanda, PA :) Love the mini-break and it looked like a lot of fun. I'm going to the O's/Red Sox game tonight and thought of you two!
Post a Comment