Monday, August 11, 2008

beer snob in the making.

I always thought I preferred wine to beer.

But now I realize that (all these years!!) I have been drinking the wrong kind of beer. Beer is in fact, quite delicious... and quite variable in it's flavors. I learned this lesson in the Pacific North West, which has wonderful breweries. Portland, in fact, has over 70 microbreweries!

My favorite beer type would have to be an unfiltered, wheat beer, but some of the porters and ales I sampled surprised me. Quite tasty! I'm still not an IPA gal, but maybe one day I'll learn to appreciate their hoppy finish.

To make your mouth water, here are a few of the treats sampled on the Beervana 2008 excursion.


The Harbour Public House (Bainbridge Island, near Seattle, WA)



Spinnakers Brewpub in Victoria, BC



A sampler to delight any beer snob at Laurelwood Brewery in Portland, OR

No comments: