Sunday, February 1, 2009

Finished Firestarters

I finished my first pair of toe up socks. I used Judy's magic cast on instead of the pattern's cast on recommendation. I also worked the socks at the same time on 2 circs instead of dpns (except for the cast on/toe pocket and heel turn, where I had to switch to dpns).

While I really like this pattern, I can't say the same about the yarn. It was thin and splity with some odd sections... not really knots so much, but places where the yarn was spun properly, so there are several "lumps" in the socks. Also, the colors of the two balls I purchaes don't match at all (and yes, I have the same colorway and dye lot). The one sock is much more purpley/greeny/pastely and the other is more greeny/redy/earthy. I used my usual size needles for the socks and ended up with 9 stitches per inch. The socks are nice and tight, which I actually like. As a result, though, I had to do several more pattern repeats so the socks were long enough and tall enough.

Pattern: Firestarter by Yarnissima
Needles: size 1 dpns (Crystal Palace) and 1 size 1 circular needles (Knit Picks)
Yarn: Jojoland Melody Superwash (use 40 grams of each 50 gram ball or 352 of 440 yards)
Mods: see description above








1 comment:

Team Knit said...

those socks look awesome! great job.

- julie