Here we go:
step 1: cut up 4 sweet potatoes (leave skins on) and one head of cauliflower.
step 2: steam veggies in large pot with 1/4 inch water and 2 tablespoons canola oil for about 20 minutes
step 3: while the veggies are steaming, boil pearl barley for 15 minutes.
step 4: puree veggies in food processor for several minutes. add water to achieve desired consistency.
step 5: put barley in bowl, pour veggie puree on top. drizzle with balsamic vinegar. add fresh ground pepper if desired.
enjoy!
I presume you could substitute the veggies with others, particularly roots (turnips, for example) or a fall or winter squash.
(also pictured above: sourdough bread rising... used unbleached organic white flour and rye flour in a 2:1 ratio.)
I made a feather and fan cowl from Curious Creek Fibers Etosha (110 yards). I love the name of the colorway: plum thunder. My first knit from the purple color family. It fuzzy and fun to wear! Here's what I did:
- cast on 90 stitches, placing markers every 18 stitches
- rounds 1 and 2: knit
- round 3: begin feather and fan (k2tog 3 times; yo, k1 5 times, ssk 3 times). repeat 4 times to the end of the round (5 repeats total)
- round 4: knit
- repeat last 4 rounds, ending on round 4, until almost out of yarn.
- bind off loosely in knit
And so it goes with a week of creativity. I also have one other FO from this week: my first shawl and my first project using STR (same project). I had fun with both! More on that once I take the pins out and get some pictures.

No comments:
Post a Comment