Pattern: End Paper Mitts by Eunny Jang
Size: medium
Needles: US 0s and 2s. Per the instructions, size 2 needles would yield the mitts in "small" but since I am a loose knitter, I successfully got a pair of "mediums" by using the 2s.
Yarn: Valley Yarns Huntington (111.2 yards in chocolate and 76.3 yards in cream)
A few issues:
I experienced some tension issues with my throwing color (cream) on the second mitt. I probably got over confident and stop concentrating as much. The tension issues are not very noticeable when I have the mitts on, but definitely noticeable when I have them off.
I used more of the chocolate yarn than I should have: I had to redo one of the thumbs after realizing the middle off the bind off that I forgot the two set-up rows of the tubular bind off. The yarn was cut, so that was that: off to the scrap pile!
The tubular bind off is not very stretchy. I thought this was because my kitchener stitch was too tight, but after further examination, I realized it was the two step up rows that were the problem: my slipped stitches here should have been looser.
Overall, I'm glad the project is finished! I learned a lot, but I am ready to take a break from colorwork for a little while!

4 comments:
I'm just sighing with awe and envy over here :)
Lovely mitts! Well done.
they look awesome! i love the contrast of those colors!
They are gorgeous!! I love the black and white, so classic and timeless. Great job!!
- Julie
Post a Comment