So, now I'm planning my next projects... those that will keep me happily knitting and distract me from any new yarn acquisitions.
I just cast on for the clapotis last night using a gorgeous 100% Peruvian Alpaca tweed that I purchased at MD S&W last year. I love the feel of this stuff as I'm knitting it up!
Earlier in January, I cast on for Francis Revisited to FINALLY use up this yarn that's been in my stash for over 2 years. The Francis pattern is very simple, a perfect match for this complex yarn.
I'm also planning to make a pair of brown and cream endpaper mitts this month for a stranded KAL. This will be my first color work project. I'm nervous/excited to see how I do with my tension...
Of course, I need to fuel my body for all that knitting. This week, for lunches at least, I'll be having lentil soup with celery, carrots, and tomatoes and fresh baked whole wheat sourdough bread. The soup is a staple of mine. Simple and hearty. I seem to make a pot at least 5 or 6 times each winter. The bread was an experiment. This loaf rose over night and weighs as much as a brick. It looks like the crust is going to be thick and the inside is going to be nice and sour. I can't wait to try it!

2 comments:
those are some scrumptious looking yarns! and the food looks delish, too!
-Julie
Francis Revisited was love at first site (on Lolly's ravatar)
Post a Comment