
The pattern is from the "Anny Purls" blog. For yarn, I'm using Karabella Lace Merino Silk in black. My size 1 needles are getting another use. This seems to be my favorite needle size for socks and fingerless mitts (that use fingering weight yarn, that is).
The back story is that I made a pair of fingerless mitts for as a gift to my mom for her birthday:



My babička (grandmother) loved the idea of fingerless mitts. She said that would be great for her hands, which are riddled with arthritis. So when I asked her if she would like a pair, she was delighted! She used to knit all the time, before her hands precluded her from being able to do so. I sported many sweaters knit by her hands back in the day, so this is the least I could do for her!
Coincidentally, my babička loved the yarn that I used for my mom's mitts and I have a whole extra ball of yarn. So, I already have plenty of yarn to make this pair of mitts! She wanted a different pattern, though. Something with a little more warmth/coverage and not a lace pattern. I've had my eye on this Anny Purls pattern, so it was a perfect match!
I have to finish this project before my babička and my ďědeček (grandfather) head back to the Czech Republic at the beginning of December. Should be a piece of cake!

1 comment:
those fingerless mitts are awesome!!
- Julie
Post a Comment