My dad brought me a bunch of apples and peaches last weekend from a PA orchard, so I ate one of the apples with my breakfast this morning. Apples always remind me of fall. Yum!
Looking at the cooler (yay!) weather report for the upcoming week, I decided to cook a hearty dish of barley, carrots, and peppers (plus spices, of course!) for my lunches. The peppers smelled divine simmering on the stove.
But the best part of autumn's arrival this year was that I completed my CPH yesterday! I ended up using 13.5 balls of the Debbie Bliss Donegal Tweed Aran yarn because I added about 3 inches to the sleeves and 1.5 inches to the body. The pattern is very clever and easy to follow. Now I know why so many people have made this sweater. Seaming, weaving in ends and adding buttons took me about 5 hours. I can't believe how slow I am! But was very meticulous with my finishing (for a change!) and it really paid off. I'm very happy with the final product. And I already wore it to a get together last night and a crafty get together this afternoon. I'm sure this FO will get a lot of wear this fall and winter. It might take the Arbor's place in my "#1 favorite knit" spot!
The outdoor pictures were taken by a fellow crafty/knitty friend.









1 comment:
Beautiful! Nice job!
Post a Comment