Happy birthday to me! Yet another reason I love October is that I get to celebrate my birthday. I wanted to showcase my beautiful gift (thanks, sweetie!): a silk Della Q circular and dpn needle organizer. It's already been put to good use. I even put my new extra set of Denise cables (another gift!) in the organizer.
Also, in knitting related gifts, I received a Lantern Moon sheep tape measure! Love it! I'm so fortunate to have a loved ones that support my knitting habit!
And that was just Friday!
Saturday afternoon I cruised the Colorfest with some girlfriends. The festival was very crowded, but I did manage to find a gem: a beautiful Cindy Kay bag. Now I can finally stop using my work bag as a knitting bag! My Della Q bag fits in the bag perfectly!
Saturday evening I found myself among the crowd at the US v. Cuba World Cup qualifying match. The US won 6-1. The crowd and atmosphere were phemonmial! We lucked out because our seats we in the back of the section with all of the, how should I put it, "rowdy" fans. My dedeček (grandfather), a life long soccer fan, told me that he never imagined in his wildest dreams that he would see an international match in the US. He was like a kid in a candy store, jumping up and down with the young folks in the crowd. Here he is, just before the game started, helping hold up the USA soccer logo flag with his cane. :)
I also started a new scarf project. Nothing special in terms of the pattern (just garter stitch with hopefully enough left over for a fringe at the ends), but the yarn is quite special. It's called "Shoalwater Bay Natural Dyed" and was a souvenir from our vacation to the Pacific Northwest this summer. I bought the skein at Churchmouse Yarns and Teas on Bainbridge Island in Washington State. The olivy-brown earthy colorway reminds me of the picturesque hikes we took during our trip. This is the first official souvenir yarn I ever purchased and I can now see the appeal!! What a great way to remember a trip!And the birthday weekend is not over yet... tomorrow is a holiday, so no work for me! Yay!

3 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday - good to folks in the US enjoying soccer :)
I love that needle case, it's so pretty!
- Julie
the needle case is so beautiful -- the mister did a fantastic job :) i'm totes jeal!
Post a Comment