Wednesday, October 1, 2008

CSA Harvest 17: October 1, 2008

It's October! I LOVE October! Happy October, one and all! And what a great way to start my favorite month than with a truckload of local veggies!

Here's the full share for this week. The gourds are beautiful! And I'm excited to roast the butternut squash. Yay! I can't believe we are still getting tomatoes. Oh, and I got a little bonus: some okra to try. We'll see how that turns out.





I picked a bunch of basil from the pick-your-own garden today. That plus my own stash of basil (from my on-my-deck-and-in-big-clay-pots garden), yielded a lovely batch of pesto this afternoon!




In knitting news, I FINALLY put the buttons on my Ellin mekko and wrapped it up for shipping! The parents are going with a lady bug theme in the little one's room, so I knew these buttons were perfect when I saw them.

No comments: