The boatneck bluebell sweater was a great project because (1) there was no seaming (I modified the pattern to work the sleeves in the round) and (2) there were only 4 ends to weave in and 2 tiny holes to close up at the armpits (I spit spliced all my joins). The other great thing about the project was the top-down structure. Because of that, I was able to try the sweater on as I worked.
I mostly followed the size 32 pattern, but I did a few more rounds of increases for the bust. I also added a few extra rounds below the bust and on the sleeves to make the sweater longer.
Overall, I love the neckline and the fit! I can't wait to wear it!
Pattern: Boatneck Bluebell Sweater by Stefanie Japel (in her book Fitted Knits)
Yarn: Valley Yarns Northampton
Yardage: 4 skeins = 988 yards
Needles: Size 9

3 comments:
Looks great! I especially like the neckline on it. Lovely!
dude, your my favorite knitter evah :) i totes heart this sweater!
your bluebell sweater is gorgeous, you did such an amazing job! I`ve been looking at this knit for a while, but in the ravelry FOs, some don`t seem to fit the wearer very well. But yours fits awesome, and looks super!!!
- Julie
Post a Comment