In reading news, I finished 3 books this month! Two more Laura Lippman Books (Another Thing to Fall and In Big Trouble) and Barbara Kingsolver's Pigs in Heaven. The only reason I picked up Kingsolver's book is because I loved Animal, Vegetable, Miracle so much. Pigs in Heaven was the story of a little Cherokee girl who was abandoned and adopted by a white woman. A lawyer from the Cherokee Nation believes the little girl belongs with her tribe, even if the birth parents are not around. The conflict between a mother/daughter bond and community/culture tie challenged at my intellect and pulled at my heartstrings.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
CSA Extended Harvest 2: October 29, 2008
Here's this week's veggie haul. Lots of green stuff! Yum yum! I've got quite the back up in the fridge, which means I'll be spending a few hours "processing" goodies this weekend.

In reading news, I finished 3 books this month! Two more Laura Lippman Books (Another Thing to Fall and In Big Trouble) and Barbara Kingsolver's Pigs in Heaven. The only reason I picked up Kingsolver's book is because I loved Animal, Vegetable, Miracle so much. Pigs in Heaven was the story of a little Cherokee girl who was abandoned and adopted by a white woman. A lawyer from the Cherokee Nation believes the little girl belongs with her tribe, even if the birth parents are not around. The conflict between a mother/daughter bond and community/culture tie challenged at my intellect and pulled at my heartstrings.
In reading news, I finished 3 books this month! Two more Laura Lippman Books (Another Thing to Fall and In Big Trouble) and Barbara Kingsolver's Pigs in Heaven. The only reason I picked up Kingsolver's book is because I loved Animal, Vegetable, Miracle so much. Pigs in Heaven was the story of a little Cherokee girl who was abandoned and adopted by a white woman. A lawyer from the Cherokee Nation believes the little girl belongs with her tribe, even if the birth parents are not around. The conflict between a mother/daughter bond and community/culture tie challenged at my intellect and pulled at my heartstrings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Those veggies look awesome!! I get an organic box a week, it's brilliant.
- Julie
Post a Comment