First up: turnips! I've been collecting them for a few weeks and finally have a nice pile to cook up. I simmered the peeled/quartered turnips in a tiny bit of water, onion, salt and butter. After the turnips were cooked, I topped them with parsley from my herb garden.
Next I had a pumpkin and butternut squash to cook. Here they are pre-cooking:
And here they are on the stove (squash on the left and pumpkin on the right). I added butter, sucanat, and cinnamon to the roasting squash. The pumpkin was boiled and frozen. I'm hoping to use it for Thanksgiving pumpkin pies! I also made a snack for this afternoon: pumpkin seeds roasted in butter and sea salt.
Finally, I whipped up some hummus (basic recipe: garbanzo beans, tahini, salt, garlic, lemon) to pair with the peppers from Red Wiggler this week.
And I just sat down to listen to Pigs in Heaven by Barbara Kingsolver as I work on my DROPS jacket (ravelry link).

No comments:
Post a Comment